Okay, is two enough?
Are two unnecessarily imported seeds for possible (and I do mean possible, not inevitable) Ebola pandemic in America enough?
Assuming that we manage, by the grace of God, to contain the New York City and Dallas events and hold them to a total of four infected people, can we please stop playing Russian Roulette now?
Can we please stop at two empty chambers and not go on to a third?
Last week I wrote Of course Ebola is airborne. It flies in from Africa all the time. Since that post, the weird, wacky, and unraveling world that is modern day Americana seems to have only gotten more strange.
The most flagrant sign-of-the-moment of our culture’s having been “given over” to insanity, a la Romans 1, comes by way of the still ongoing flights from Ebola-ravaged regions into America, where folks who are likely to have been in contact with the virus are still not even quarantined before being allowed in.
Will Ebola seed #2 in New York City change this? So far, it’s not looking good…
At any rate, before getting much deeper into this particular man-made “airborne” aspect of the Ebola problem, let’s start by getting some basic facts down:
- Ebola is a level 4 viral biohazard. It is a very big deal.
- We are still clearly uncertain as to many vital details of this particular strain of Ebola (or, by now, likely multiple strains, each with different attributes), including exactly how it is transmitted and the length of its incubation time. Many top tier medical reports openly contradict the lines being fed to the public by politicians at press conferences.
- One of the most basic approaches to dealing with the outbreak of serious a virus (much less a Level 4 plague) is quarantine. Containment is paramount, particularly when there are no proven medical treatments available, as is the case with Ebola.
- In the weeks and months leading up to the arrival of America’s Ebola Patient Zero (Thomas Duncan), several other nations restricted or prohibited flights from Ebola ravaged regions.
- America, however, in keeping with its radical open borders religion, did no such thing and allowed for the arrival of Ebola in Texas by way of free traveling Thomas Duncan.
- Duncan then proceeded to infect two others that we know of at the moment – both medical professionals. He has since died and the two that he infected are being treated. Lord willing, they will survive, nobody else will test positive through the path unnecessarily made possible through Thomas Duncan’s arrival kin America, and the Dallas Ebola event will finally be contained.
- Even after Duncan’s positive test and the transmission of Ebola to two medical professionals, America still allowed flights in from Ebola ravaged regions and refused to provide for quarantines for those likely to have been exposed to the virus who were coming into the country.
- With Ebola Airways still operating, a second viral seed was allowed into the country, this time through Dr. Craig Spencer’s arrival in New York City after admirably working on the front lined on the raging Ebola war in West Africa.
- With symptoms of aching and fatigue noted for days, Dr. Spencer wandered around New York City, taking subways, eating out, and going bowling the night before his fever spiked at 103, at which point he reached out for help and treatment.
- With all of this now public knowledge, we still have no travel bans or forced quarantine in place for folks likely to have been exposed to Ebola who wish to come to America.
It was tempting to assume that, after importing the first case of Ebola in America by way of direct flight from the region most afflicted by the level 4 viral bio-hazard, we would have then at least learned better late than never that it is a pretty bad idea to ignore the basic protocols of quarantine when dealing with any serious disease outbreak, much less the high-octane plague of Ebola.
Yeah, that would be a tempting thought to have, particularly for a sane, balanced, rational person who simply desires for this serious threat to be treated…well…seriously.
Not out of hysteria. Not out of fear. Not out of a thirst for drama. But merely out of a calm, cool-headed, reasonable desire for serious things to be taken and treated seriously. You know, like adults used to do.
I’m as down as anyone on fear, fearmongering, drama-queening, or any similar approach to this or any other subject, the fact that some are aiming to take this serious matter seriously strikes me as a very odd – and very telling – thing to mock.
As has been chronicled and elaborated on here in previous posts, everything from the Ebola virus to the wicked leadership that has (and continues to) enable it is a clear sign of the judgment of God upon a culture. Plague (hello Ebola), drought (hello California), wicked leadership (hello Republican/Democrat leaders of the open border religion of globalism), and the sword of an enemy (hello ISIS) being raised up against a people have been well chronicled as common tools used by a sovereign God to punish prideful and rebellious people.
Are two rounds of Russian Roulette enough?
Or are we bent on suicide…as all Christ-dismissing cultures are?
The folks most responsible for all of this are those within the church. They have abandoned the Gospel and Great Commission, and in their neglect the culture has rotted around them – around us.
[Tweet “Can we please stop at two unnecessarily imported seeds for potential Ebola outbreak? Pretty please?”]
Lord willing, His people will repent, reform, and restore this culture, one supernatural salvation at a time through the Gospel and Great Commission in action.
‘Til that happens, look for more of the same…including Ebola Airways bringing in seed #3…
If you know of anyone who might be interested in this post, please share it. Thank you!
Please “like” us on Facebook (using the convenient button in the upper left corner) and feel free to sign up for new articles by email using the button in the upper right corner of the FBC home page. Thank you for your support!
© 2014 Scott Alan Buss – All Rights Reserved.