What will a true “land of the free” look like?
Make no mistake, such a land is coming, and it’s coming right here to this temporarily beleaguered little planet, courtesy of God’s Kingdom as it inevitably and unstoppably advances over all of His creation in accordance with His Gospel-fueled Great Commission.
But what will it look like?
What will it be like?
What will be some of the defining attributes of this true and enduring Land of the Free?
Well, for one, it will openly and clearly center its identity on Jesus Christ, as it must in order to secure and sustain true freedom, liberty, peace and prosperity anywhere in His creation. This coming Land of the Free will openly, lovingly, and exclusively embrace Him as King. It will unambiguously encourage that His will be done on earth as it is in Heaven (Matthew 6:10), that all things material and immaterial be reconciled to Him through His work on the cross (Colossians 1:15-20), and that His Kingdom expand over all of His creation in accordance with His Gospel-fueled Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
Put another way: The perfect Nature of the King will define the nature of the Kingdom in detail. Thus, the Land of the Free will be “free indeed” (John 8:32).
So what will that look like?
What will that feel like where the rubber meets the road?
While there are obviously many points and paths to explore along those lines, I’d like to submit a list of ten likely characteristics for your consideration. It’s my hope that the points chosen will help us to better understand the nature of where we are now in contrast with the true nature of liberty, freedom, peace and prosperity that define the Kingdom of God. It’s my hope that these contrasts will be particularly helpful to those of us living in America or the West by jolting us out of the fog that has formed over us during a lifetime drenched in State/Corporate propaganda aimed at radically redefining the concepts of freedom, liberty, justice and prosperity.
The sooner we find our way clear of such pagan propaganda and into the light of Christ as revealed in His Word, the sooner we will see and begin to understand the nature of true liberty, freedom, peace, and prosperity. And the sooner we see and understand these things, the sooner we can actively and productively pursue them so that we might, by God’s grace, see His will done right here and now in accordance with His Gospel-fueled Great Commission, bringing in its wake the true freedom, liberty, justice, peace, prosperity and joy that only He can provide to any people at any time in any place in His creation.
With that said, on to 10 Marks Of The Coming “Land Of The Free”:
- Individuals and families will actually be able to own homes (and farms and businesses) outright. The State will not own all homes, land and buildings, as it claims to now in America and throughout the “free” West. (If you actually think you own a home in America, try not paying your property tax – also known as: rent to the State – and see how long the State allows you to keep “your” home. In America, the State claims ownership of all homes – which is the confiscation of wealth – in order to fund other Marxist/Socialist/Satanic constructs like public schools.)
- Individuals will not be the physical property of the State. The State will have no slave master power over any individual’s physical person as it currently claims to now in America through the Selective Service and draft option. (For more on these egregious violations of the most basic of freedoms, please consider reading Biblical Freedom vs. State Compulsion in Military Service (Or: Why the draft is evil.), No, Uncle Scam. You cannot have our daughters, and If you give the State ownership of your sons, it will eventually claim ownership of your daughters.)
- Individuals will be free to conduct economic activity without having to report it to the State. How much one earns and how they earn it is simply none of the State’s business. More importantly, by allowing it to be the State’s business, we empower the tools of control and bondage that now define life in our counterfeit “land of the free” and home of the NSA, which segues us quite nicely into…
- Individuals will be free to conduct private conversations – either one-on-one or in larger groups – without monitoring by the State. Yes, true freedom actually results in true privacy. Who knew, right?
Meanwhile, counterfeit, fraudulent versions of freedom inherently destroy privacy. Sound familiar? (See also: So the American State has to destroy our freedom in order to protect it? Oh yeah, that makes sense.)
- Individuals will be free to determine how many gallons a toilet needs to flush best, what kind of lightbulb to manufacture and/or use, and whether or not they should add a room or a porch or a garage onto their homes or businesses. The fact that each of these activities is currently strictly regulated by the State in America and throughout the “free” West ought to tell us something about how far from true freedom we are as a people…and where we need to go from here.
- Individuals will be free to determine what they want to purchase. Individuals will be free to calculate and take risks, including those associated with various products (like insurance). There will be no State imposition of purchasing mandates of any kind on any one.
Seems simple enough.
And it is.
It’s also the antithesis of what we have now in “the land of the free” and the home of the NSA known as America, where State mandates of this sort are the tragi-comedic norm.
- Individuals will be free to go into business, practice their God-given skills, and pursue their God-given passions without being licensed by the State to do so. The State has no God-given power or role in licensing people to do these things.
- Individuals, families, and local church bodies will be responsible for feeding, clothing, and educating all who are in need of food, clothes, and education. The State will not be the “ultimate provider” or supervisor or empowered regulator of any of these things. When the State claims any of these roles – as it has in America – it effectively (and purposefully) kills the God-ordained institutions designed to provide for these needs, thus securing for itself a position of unquestioned, unchallenged dominance over all who are then left dependent upon it.
article continues below
- Individuals will be free to fail…and free to learn and grow as a result. There is no freedom without the freedom to fail and the opportunity to learn from failure. By “protecting” citizens from the consequences of sin (or even the many failures that we experience that are not a result of sin), the American State has “protected” its coddled subjects from growth, maturity, and anything resembling true adulthood, thus producing the insanely infantile, State-dependent culture in which we now live.
Lest you think this has been an accidental consequence of well-intentioned Statism gone wrong, please understand that nothing could be further from the truth. Mass dependence through the perpetual encouragement of increased ignorance, apathy and immaturity throughout the population has been and will always be a cornerstone principle of Statism, be it American Statism or any other flavor.
The power of the State is dependent upon the dependence of its subjects.
- Individuals will be allowed and motivated to grow up, grow deep and soar to heights previously unimagined (and unallowed) by counterfeit systems built upon perversions of love, liberty, freedom, and peace. With true freedom through Christ lived out and applied in legislative, economic, political, artistic, and educational practice, individuals and the cultures they comprise will flourish as never before.
So there you have it – ten marks of a true and coming Land of the Free.
But remember: This Land of the Free that is coming is a bottom-up movement.
It’s made possible not through some top-down imposition by the State.
It’s brought to life instead by the grace of God through His Spirit-filled people in accordance with His Gospel-fueled Great Commission, one supernatural conversion and grace-fueled act of obedience at a time.
All by His grace.
All for His glory.
And all to the eternal benefit of His loving, obedient people.
That’s what a true Land of the Free is gonna be like.
That’s where we’re going.
Obviously, we have a lot of work to do which, in and of itself, is an amazing blessing! We’ve been put here and now at this time in this context to take the next steps in the advance of His Kingdom over each and every one of His enemies. How cool is that?!
So let’s get to it!
Let’s get to that true Land of the Free, where true liberty, true peace, true prosperity and true freedom are secured and preserved by the King who defines His Kingdom.
Soli Deo gloria…and let’s roll!
If you know of anyone who might appreciate this post, please share it. If you’d like to see articles like this continue, please click here to help.
Please also “like” us on Facebook, “+” us on Google+, follow us on Twitter and feel free to sign up for new articles by email using the buttons in the upper right corner of the FBC home page.
You can also help support the Fire Breathing Christian mission by checking out these books:
Stupid Elephant Tricks – The Other Progressive Party’s War on Christianity takes a painful but much needed look at how Christ-less “conservatism” has captivated Christians and co-opted them into helping march the culture ever deeper into darkness:
The Beginning of Knowledge: Christ as Truth in Apologetics is an approachable, easy to read introduction to Christ-centered apologetics:
Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity explores the tragic true horror story of all-American dead religion masquerading as Christianity:
On Education is a compilation of some of the most provocative and compelling Fire Breathing Christian articles on the subject of children’s education:
There Is No “God-Given Right” To Worship False Gods is a compilation of some of the most provocative Fire Breathing Christian articles on the subject of America’s embrace of a satanic approach to religious liberty:
Fire Breathing Christians – The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution is the book that first presented the FBC mission to apply the Gospel-fueled Great Commission in every realm of God’s creation:
An alternate white cover version of Fire Breathing Christians is available:
There is also an alternate black cover version of Fire Breathing Christians:
Finally, here are a few good intro/reminder links for those of you who are new to Fire Breathing Christian and curious about exactly what’s goin’ on ’round here:
And especially this one: Never forget that apart from God’s grace you and I are complete morons.
Thank you for your support!