I love fireworks and cookouts as much as the next guy. More than the next guy, usually.
And I love America too…so much that I will no longer play the role of enabler. I will no longer look the other way. I will no longer pretend. I will no longer lie and encourage the lying that now defines our American way.
As best I am able and with the clarity that God has given me, I hope to remind myself and encourage others to love America truly (meaning biblically) enough to see her clearly and deal with her honestly as she is. Not as she may have once been. Not as we wish she was. Not as we hope that she will one day be. But as she is. (See: How to truly love (and really save) America.)
This year, “Independence Day” has much more of a funeral vibe than most could have imagined just a few months back. In the wake of America’s formal declaration of war on God and His institutions of family and marriage, we are now far less able to pretend not to notice her rank harlotry and malevolent nature. (See: “Supreme Court” Votes for Wrath of God Upon America.)
So in a Spirit of true love for America, and in direct contradiction to the spirit of the present American age, I respectfully submit for your consideration the following 13 questions you’re not supposed to ask on “Independence Day” in America (with links to articles that might help to answer these “shouldn’t-be-asked” questions):
1. From where (or Whom) does true freedom come? (See: What does Jesus bring to politics, education, law, and economics?)
2. Is it possible to attain or maintain true freedom apart from ongoing, detailed fidelity to its Source? (See: Art, math, beauty, logic, law and economics…it’s all about Him.)
3. What does the open, systematic sacrifice of millions of our own children on the altar of convenience and profit tell us about our American notions of “freedom”, “liberty” and “justice” in practice? (See: 51,000,003 reasons why America owes Nazi Germany an apology.)
4. Do Americans really have privacy? (See: Privacy is for masters. Transparency is for slaves. Welcome to “the land of the free” and the home of the NSA.)
5. Can Americans even operate a business in an openly, explicitly Christian manner in America? (See: Get with the Big Gay Program or be driven out of business in “the land of the free” and “the home of the brave”.)
6. What are the Corporate powers who finance, own and operate the American State doing to ramp up the economic persecution of Christians in America? (See: Corporate America’s Big Gay Push (Or: “Mark of the Beast” economics, here we come!)
7. Is handing our children over to the American Corporate State for “education” something we ought to be doing? (See: American Public Schools are Officially Gay.)
8. Can Americans even own a home in America? (See: Why home ownership will never be allowed in “the land of the free” and the home of the NSA.)
9. Is the American dollar actually made effortlessly out of thin air by some so that they might control and effectively own everyone and everything beneath them? (See: Fiat $lavery: We have been bought and paid for…with nothing.)
10. Is there really a “God-given right” for Americans to openly worship false gods? (See: Note to ‘Merica: There is no “God-given right” to worship false gods. Repent accordingly.)
11. Is there a connection between our ongoing loss of true freedom and liberty and our ongoing dismissal of the one true God as the essential, explicit Source of said freedom and liberty? (See: Enemy of the Statist: Christ-Centered Liberty vs. Man-Centered Tyranny.)
12. Are Americans really free? (See: Are we really free? Do we even want to know?)
13. Do Christians actually need America? (See: Roaring into Post-America Christianity.)
I hope that these questions are provocative and helpful in the best biblical sense, however hard or challenging they may be.
article continues below
Thank you for taking the time to prayerfully consider these things. Please share ’em with anyone you think needs to hear (and contemplate) them. (See: Appreciating America vs. Worshiping America.)
May God grace us all with the desire to face, confront and crush our idols, even if they’re wrapped in our favorite colors, songs, and traditions. (See: Do we love America enough to call her to repentance? Or are we too proud for that?)
May American Christians be blessed with the courage, zeal, and love to stand, confront and correct this proud, dark, and dying culture with the life- and culture-resurrecting power of the Gospel-fueled Great Commission…while there is yet time.
Have I then become your enemy by telling you the truth? ~ Galatians 4:16
If you know of anyone who might appreciate this post, please share it. If you’d like to see articles like this continue, please click here to help.
Please also “like” us on Facebook, “+” us on Google+, follow us on Twitter and feel free to sign up for new articles by email using the buttons in the upper right corner of the FBC home page.
Also feel free to check out the latest designs at Fire Breathing Tees and the latest memes at Fire Breathing Memes. Thank you for your support!
© 2015 Scott Alan Buss – All Rights Reserved.