Here we are in late May of 2016, and since asking the question “Are we really free?” in last year’s Memorial Weekend post, we’ve witnessed some truly amazing developments in a still very proud and still very much unrepentant America, including:
- ObamaCare has been validated by a Republican Supreme Court. The advance of even more Socialism into the realms of health care and medicine (to go along with Social Security, Medicare, MedicAid, etc.) by way of the Supreme Court’s ObamaCare affirmation, which occurred on a court with Republican President appointees as the majority, as tends to be the case with the worst decisions made there (see: Roe v. Wade and the “legalization” of child sacrifice).
- “Gay marriage” has been validated by a Republican Supreme Court. Again, a Republican majority gave us one of (if not the) most culture wrecking, begging-for-the-wrath-of-God decisions possible. Obama may have wanted this result and basked in the glow of its reality, but remember: American “gay marriage” given to us by Republican appointees.
- America has descended into the “Toilet Wars”. Emboldened Transgender/LGBTQRSTD Nazis have gone on the offensive in every area of life and culture.
- Obama has decreed “open toilet education” in all American Public Schools (aka Temples of American Statism) in support of the LGBTQRSTD Tolerance Nazis spearheading the “Toilet Wars”. Did this finally open the eyes of the vast majority of professing Christians who routinely hand their children over to the American State for explicitly anti-Christian “education”? Nope. They kept right on feeding their children to the beast…while protesting Target, of course.
- Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have all but secured their roles as the faces of the two-headed dragon for this election cycle’s installment of The American Political Puppet Show. Both are stark-raving anti-Christs to the bone…but that won’t stop most American evangelicals from actively supporting the unrepentant, biblically illiterate serial adulterer, routine wife-upgrader, proud casino owner and strip club promoter. Yes, the “lesser of two evils” madness has its hooks deep in American so-called Christian conservatives, and it is about to drag them lower than they would have admitted or even imagined possible just 10-15 years back. Satan himself is reportedly considering a run as “the least of three evils”.
All this tragicomedic carnage and cultural implosion in less than a year. And there was much more, of course, but I only have so much time to write, and you only have so much time to read, so…
Back to this pesky “Are we really free?” question.
Last year’s Memorial Weekend post on that subject included the following:
We were encouraged to feel and do a lot of things on Memorial Day. We were purposefully immersed in countless emotion-provoking images, speeches and sentiments. We were encouraged to lovingly admire, support and adore our beloved American State. To that end, we were called to remember the great sacrifices made by many to secure the freedoms and liberties that we now enjoy in America.
Great sacrifices have indeed been made by many, and we most certainly should be thankful for those sacrifices and for those who believed that they were, through those sacrifices, building a better future for generations to come – a future rooted in increasing freedom and liberty.
But the question that in this context is begging to be asked – and the question that we are never encouraged to ask or answer – is: Are we really free?
Do we have more or less liberty, freedom and privacy than we did, say, ten years ago? Twenty years ago? Fifty years back?
Perhaps even more importantly: At what rate are we gaining or losing freedom and liberty in America? Where is this culture heading and how fast is it moving to get there?
The answers seem fairly obvious from the get go and the more one dares consider the importance of those answers in detail, the more unsettling our situation becomes…which is why we are never encouraged to seriously contemplate the question of “American freedom” in detail here in “the land of the free” and the home of the NSA.
Then we dove a little deeper down this rabbit hole in a sort of follow-up post made last July, where we again considered the question of freedom:
Are we free to ask if we’re really free in America?
The short answer to that one is, thankfully: Yes.
Here I am asking the question, after all, and here you are reading (and presumably considering) it. So yeah, at a basic level, yes, we are indeed free to openly ask if we’re really free in America.
For now, anyway.
With that established, let’s take a moment to consider how such a question is generally received by the typical American and how such inquiry is promoted (or inhibited) by the “experts”, “leaders” and countless media tools at the disposal of the American Corporate State.
In other words: Are we encouraged to ask and thoughtfully consider whether we’re really free in America? (See: Biblical decentralization of power. Learn it. Live it. Love it.)
How does the typical American State-run “school” and Corporate-run pop-culture programmed citizen address the question of freedom in America?
Well, for the most part, they tend to conflate the two. America is freedom to them. America is liberty. The thought of seriously considering, much less testing, America by a standard or definition of freedom and liberty that is apart from America strikes the typical American as something like blasphemy. You just don’t do that. You just don’t go there here in the “land of the free” and the home of the NSA.
There are many reasons, but one that we will touch on here is the aforementioned System of systems comprised of “experts”, “leaders” and Corporate-owned media mouthpieces filling the air and our minds with the “America is freedom” concept. They parrot, promote, and propagate the notion that the American State is the definer and sustainer of true liberty, true freedom, true justice and pretty much every other truly good thing. In this, they purposefully proclaim and proselytize for the American State as God in practice.
Finally, last July 4, on what we 300 million+ serfs and State-dependents laughably call “Independence Day”, hot off the heels of the Republican-led ObamaCare and “gay marriage” Supreme Court decisions, we posted 13 questions you’re NOT supposed to ask on “Independence Day” in America:
This year, “Independence Day” has much more of a funeral vibe than most could have imagined just a few months back. In the wake of America’s formal declaration of war on God and His institutions of family and marriage, we are now far less able to pretend not to notice her rank harlotry and malevolent nature. (See: “Supreme Court” Votes for Wrath of God Upon America.)
So in a Spirit of true love for America, and in direct contradiction to the spirit of the present American age, I respectfully submit for your consideration the following 13 questions you’re not supposed to ask on “Independence Day” in America (with links to articles that might help to answer these “shouldn’t-be-asked” questions):
1. From where (or Whom) does true freedom come? (See: What does Jesus bring to politics, education, law, and economics?)
2. Is it possible to attain or maintain true freedom apart from ongoing, detailed fidelity to its Source? (See: Art, math, beauty, logic, law and economics…it’s all about Him.)
3. What does the open, systematic sacrifice of millions of our own children on the altar of convenience and profit tell us about our American notions of “freedom”, “liberty” and “justice” in practice? (See: 51,000,003 reasons why America owes Nazi Germany an apology.)
4. Do Americans really have privacy? (See: Privacy is for masters. Transparency is for slaves. Welcome to “the land of the free” and the home of the NSA.)
5. Can Americans even operate a business in an openly, explicitly Christian manner in America? (See: Get with the Big Gay Program or be driven out of business in “the land of the free” and “the home of the brave”.)
6. What are the Corporate powers who finance, own and operate the American State doing to ramp up the economic persecution of Christians in America?(See: Corporate America’s Big Gay Push (Or: “Mark of the Beast” economics, here we come!)
7. Is handing our children over to the American Corporate State for “education” something we ought to be doing? (See: American Public Schools are Officially Gay.)
8. Can Americans even own a home in America? (See: Why home ownership will never be allowed in “the land of the free” and the home of the NSA.)
9. Is the American dollar actually made effortlessly out of thin air by some so that they might control and effectively own everyone and everything beneath them? (See: Fiat $lavery: We have been bought and paid for…with nothing.)
10. Is there really a “God-given right” for Americans to openly worship false gods? (See: Note to ‘Merica: There is no “God-given right” to worship false gods. Repent accordingly.)
11. Is there a connection between our ongoing loss of true freedom and liberty and our ongoing dismissal of the one true God as the essential, explicit Source of said freedom and liberty? (See: Enemy of the Statist: Christ-Centered Liberty vs. Man-Centered Tyranny.)
12. Are Americans really free?
13. Do Christians actually need America? (See: Roaring into Post-America Christianity.)
So please, this weekend ask yourself: Are we really free?
Can we even really own a home in America?
Do we even have the right to private emails and phone calls in America?
Are we really just the bought and paid for pawns of those who literally create things like dollars out of thin air and then use those dollars to direct and control every aspect of our lives?
Free people would definitely be discussing these sorts of thing.
Free people would certainly seek honest, accurate answers to them.
But do we have those conversations?
Do we seek those answers?
Certainly not in State-run Public Schools, but what about in our churches and living rooms?
It’s time to think about these things.
It’s time to take off the All-American State-issued blinders and engage reality.
It’s time to repent, believe, and be saved from the bondage that we’ve been conditioned to love and defend from all critique.
It’s time to seek and submit to Christ as King in practice right here and right now.
It’s time to be free.
If you know of anyone who might appreciate this post, please share it. If you’d like to see articles like this continue, please click here to help.
Please also “like” us on Facebook, “+” us on Google+, follow us on Twitter and feel free to sign up for new articles by email using the buttons in the upper right corner of the FBC home page.
Please check out The Fire Breathing Christian Podcast too, as well as the latest designs at Fire Breathing Tees and the latest memes at the Fire Breathing Memes page.
You can also help support the Fire Breathing Christian mission by checking out these books:
Stupid Elephant Tricks – The Other Progressive Party’s War on Christianity takes a painful but much needed look at how Christ-less “conservatism” has captivated Christians and co-opted them into helping march the culture ever deeper into darkness:
The Beginning of Knowledge: Christ as Truth in Apologetics is an approachable, easy to read introduction to Christ-centered apologetics:
Apathetic Christianity: The Zombie Religion of American Churchianity explores the tragic true horror story of all-American dead religion masquerading as Christianity:
On Education is a compilation of some of the most provocative and compelling Fire Breathing Christian articles on the subject of children’s education:
There Is No “God-Given Right” To Worship False Gods is a compilation of some of the most provocative Fire Breathing Christian articles on the subject of America’s embrace of a satanic approach to religious liberty:
Fire Breathing Christians – The Common Believer’s Call to Reformation, Revival, and Revolution is the book that first presented the FBC mission to apply the Gospel-fueled Great Commission in every realm of God’s creation:
An alternate white cover version of Fire Breathing Christians is available:
There is also an alternate black cover version of Fire Breathing Christians:
Finally, here are a few good intro/reminder links for those of you who are new to Fire Breathing Christian and curious about exactly what’s goin’ on ’round here:
What are you, some kind of [insert label here] or something?!
What’s with that shark-fishie graphic thing?
Intro to Fire: The Power and Purpose of the Common Believer
When the Bible gets hairy. (Or: Is it right for men to have long hair?)
And especially this one: Never forget that apart from God’s grace you and I are complete morons.
Thank you for your support!